Who Benefits? – Learning-related – Dyslexia – ADHD – Reading Problems – Eye Tracking –
Binocular Vision – Lazy Eye – Convergence Insufficiency – Double Vision – Cross-eyed, Eye Turns – Visual Rehab – Special Needs – Developmental Delays – Brain Injured (TBI) – Autism – Stroke –
Stress-related – Visual Stress with Reading and Computers – Blurry Vision at Near – Headaches – Motion Sickness – Sports Vision and Hand-Eye Coordination
Some visual conditions cannot be treated adequately with just glasses, contact lenses and/or patching, and are best resolved through a program of Vision Therapy.
Vision Therapy is an individualized, supervised, treatment program designed to correct visual-motor and/or perceptual-cognitive deficiencies. Vision Therapy sessions include procedures designed to enhance the brain's ability to control:
- eye alignment,
- eye tracking and eye teaming,
- eye focusing abilities,
- eye movements, and/or
- visual processing.
Visual-motor skills and endurance are developed through the use of specialized computer and optical devices, including therapeutic lenses, prisms, and filters. During the final stages of therapy, the patient's newly acquired visual skills are reinforced and made automatic through repetition and by integration with motor and cognitive skills.
Children and adults with visual challenges, such as:
- Learning-related Vision Problems
Vision Therapy can help those individuals who lack the necessary visual skills for effective reading, writing, and learning (i.e., eye movement and focusing skills, convergence, eye-hand activity, visual memory skills, etc.).
To learn more about learning-related vision problems, visit any of these web pages on:
- 20-20 Eyesight and 20/20 Eye Screenings – Not Perfect for Learning and School!,
- All About Learning Related Vision Problems,
- Learning Related Vision Problems and Attention Deficit Disorders (ADD/ADHD), Dyslexia, and Learning Disabilities (LDs),
- Eyesight & Vision: Vision Therapy Helps Students with Reading Problems or Reading Below Grade Level, Handwriting, Homework, Spelling, and Math, etc.,
- Eyesight & Vision: Vision Therapy Helps Students Who've Been Labeled Attention Deficit (ADHD), Slow Learners, Lazy Students, Behavior Problems, Special Education, Gifted Learning Disabled, etc.,
- Vision Therapy as Treatment for Learning Disabilities.
We provide a unique vision care service called Vision Therapy. You are invited to read hundreds of Vision Therapy Success Stories written by patients (children and adults), parents, and teachers at visiontherapystories.org.
Vision Therapy helps people with visual difficulties relating to a wide range of conditions, skills, and/or symptoms, such as:
20/20 Eyesight, ADD-ADHD, Lazy Eye, Blurred Vision,
Convergence Insufficiency, Crossed Eyes, Depth Perception,
Dizziness and Motion Sickness, Double Vision, Eye Strain & Fatigue,
Eye Teaming & Tracking, Headaches, Learning Disabilities, Dyslexia,
Non-verbal Learning Disorders (NLD), Special Education,
Reading Improvement, School Performance, Sports,
Strabismus, Wall-eyed or Exophoria,
and much MORE..!
Read what hundreds of people have written when asked "What changes have you seen as a result of a Vision Therapy program?" or "How has Vision Therapy changed your life and/or your child's life?" Go to Vision Therapy Success Stories.
Call us at our office for more information about Vision Therapy in our Scottsdale, AZ practice.